Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just a name on the map, sounds like heaven to me

Anyone here for the politics should probably just skip this one, because it's really only for one person anyway.

I can't say that I'm proud of every choice I made fifteen years ago. High schoolers, as a rule, are quite stupid things, and if I could have a do-over in some situations, I'm sure I'd probably take it.

But there is one thing that I have no regrets about, and it was the realization that I could spend forever just walking with you down those train tracks in R-Dale and finding alligators in the clouds.

I have no profound insight on this, and I know if I did, you wouldn't want it on this blog anyway. I believe that we were, all in all, just straight-up lucky to have found each other, and even more so that we matured into adults that could still truly respect and enjoy our ongoing conversation throughout all the changes that come with life.

So happy non-anniversary-anniversary, baby. I love you and I thank you for every day of the past fifteen years, and am so very grateful that I have a lifetime to continue to laugh, love, and figure out this whole thing together with you.

And because you knew I had to:

No comments: